Just before His crucifixion, Jesus said these words to the twelve. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth,for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come”. – John 16:12-13
There are many things that puzzle me about the nature of God.
This is one of them. Would you look at this with me? Believe me, I am not the authority here. Maybe we can figure it out together. Based on what is written here, Jesus is saying some things that don’t add up to our present Christian aptitude.
Here they are:
- He ran out of time to say the things He wanted to, but couldn’t?
- Why were they not able to bear what He had to say?
- Was He being untruthful?
- What was left to be said that wasn’t already said?
- Apparently the Spirit of truth is able to guide them into all the truth and Jesus was not?
- And if the Spirit of truth is going to guide them into all the truth, why does he not speak on His own authority?
You see what I’m talking about? This kind of thing is troubling, and Colombo is not around!